Archives: FAQs

Need a permit?

All permits required by the City of Alvord can be obtained at the following link. Permit applications can be printed from the link. Applications should be returned to city hall. Fees can be paid when the application is returned.

How do I find out about my drinking water quality?

The City of Alvord Public Works Department tests the water quality on a monthly basis. This is done to maintain the best quality and safest drinking water possible for the community.  An annual water-quality report is sent to all residents and business within the water district in June.

What benefits does the city offer?

Salary based upon qualifications TMRS retirement, 5% employee contribution, city match 2:1 Health and Dental insurance paid Life and Disability insurance paid Vacation and sick time Paid holidays

How do I find a hospital?

-Wise Health System – East Campus 609 Medical Center Dr, Decatur, TX 76234 -Wise Health System – West Campus 2000 FM 51, Decatur, TX 76234 Phone: (940) 627-5921 Website: 12 miles away ————————————————————– -Muenster Memorial Hospital 605 N Maple St, Muenster, TX 76252 Phone: (940) 759-2271 Website: https: 33.7 miles away ————————————————————– -Nocona … Continued

How do I apply for public housing?

For information regarding an application for public housing contact the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs. Phone: (800) 237-6500 Website:

How do I report a housing code violation?

To report a possible housing code violation contact Troy Gregg with the City of Alvord. 215 W Elm St, Alvord, TX 76225 Phone: (940)427-5916 Email: The following link shows some of the common violations.

Close window