FAQ Topic: Property & housing

How do I apply for public housing?

For information regarding an application for public housing contact the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs. Phone: (800) 237-6500 Website: www.tdhca.state.tx.us/section-8/

How do I report a housing code violation?

To report a possible housing code violation contact Troy Gregg with the City of Alvord. 215 W Elm St, Alvord, TX 76225 Phone: (940)427-5916 Email: tgregg@cityofalvord.org The following link shows some of the common violations. https://alvordtx.gov/common-ordinance-violations/

What are my tenant rights?

As a property renter you have rights that are protected by laws in the State of Texas. To learn about your tenant rights visit The Office of The Attorney General of Texas. Ken Paxton Attorney General of Texas Website: https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/consumer-protection/home-real-estate-and-travel/renters-rights

What are the city dog ordinances?

The city allows any type of domestic cats and dogs.  Dogs who have been found to attack when unprovoked or have a history of being aggressive will have to be registered annually as a dangerous animal.  For those registered dogs a sign must be placed on the property to warn others of the dog.  All … Continued

How do I pay my property taxes?

Location Wise County Tax Assessor/Collector’s Office – Property Tax 404 W Walnut St, Decatur, TX 76234 Phone (940) 627-3523 Website https://www.co.wise.tx.us/372/Tax-Office

Close window